Friday 24 December 2010

Photo from 1985 becomes topical - Keep off the ice

Someone asked if I had any pictures of Platt Fields in Manchester so I posted on Flickr some pictures of ice on the lake in Platt Fields in 1985. A couple of days after I had posted the pictures it snowed heavily in London and  I took the pictures of the snow in Victoria Park, East London. So many people looked at my pictures of the London snow that the Platt Fields photos had around 100 views each on that day from people clicking through from my snow pictures.

These days I think people would be more careful about going on the ice.

2 comments:

  1. Can you imagine what the Wardens & Security would say now, in these days of H&S?????

    Great to see an old view of the park!
    (Have you got any more you could send us?)

    Alis
    Friends of Platt Fields

    ReplyDelete
  2. It surprised me then. The ones on flickr (including this one) are my main ones of the park. I took a few others but they are mainly of the ducks.

    ReplyDelete