Friday 19 November 2010

Pictures of the sky

Sometimes the simple pictures work best. It started as a bit of a joke. When the planes were not flying because of the ash cloud from Iceland, it was suggested that there were fewer clouds because of the absense of contrails or vapour trails from planes. So I posted a picture of the clear blue sky over Leicester Square. It was a completely blue picture of the sky. When the planes returned, I posted a picture of a plane with a contrail in a blue sky. I then progrssed onto pictures of storm clouds and an odd isolated cloud in the shope of a spaceship. Then one Sunday afternoon I noticed how busy the sky was. In particular two contrails crossed each other and looking through the camera I realised some shapes coulld be created from the white trails against a blue background. My favourite was the simple cross above. The lesson is to look up to see the pictures in the sky.

To see the other pictures mentioned on Flickr, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment